Britain’s mighty atom, the original Mini Cooper, has a huge reputation out of all proportion to its size. The Mini was created by the fertile mind of Alec Issigonis and modified by John Cooper to become known as the Mini Cooper in 1961. Giant killing in motorsport, particularly in the Monte Carlo Rally, built the enduring Mini Cooper legend. Original production ended in the early 1970s but was resumed in the early 1990s. 1994 once again saw Paddy Hopkirk campaigning a Mini Cooper in the Monte!
Print equivalent ISBN: 9781874105227
EBOOK AVAILABLE NOW!
$23.99 / £18.99 – prices may vary between vendors
- The story of Britain’s mighty atom the original Mini Cooper
- Production history & evolution
- Building the Cooper
- Profiles of Sir Alec Issigonis and Paddy Hopkirk
- Details of Cooper specialists
- Restoring Mini Coopers, and potential pitfalls
- Original road test data
About The Author
Johnny Tipler is an international motoring journalist and author, with over 30 books published on a variety of sports-orientated subjects.